Hiking Trails on Mt. Monadnock(Summit coordinates: 42.86135 N, 72.10842 W)
Scenic Destination for Millions
The Mountain, the Trails, the State Park
This site contains information about many of the trails that climb and traverse Mount Monadnock in southwestern New Hampshire. You'll find links, on your left, to specific Mount Monadnock trail descriptions, route suggestions, maps, etc. Or you could just learn a little about the mountain and surf your way through the site. Although this is not an official site for Mount Monadnock, it may help answer any questions you have, or I can try to direct you to those who can help. Scroll down for weather and a road map.
Check out the Mt. Monadnock area blog aka Mt. Monadnock and South Central New England Hiking. Includes central Massachusetts, southwest New Hampshire and more.
The Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests is attempting to raise $760,000 to conserve several parcels of land (almost 400 acres!) adjacent to other conserved lands on Mt. Monadnock. They’ve raised over $300,000 to date, thus have a long way to go! Fortunately, the deadline has been extended to March 31, 2012. Go to their homepage where there is more information: SPNHF. There is a hike planned for Feb. 25 – so mark your calendar.
Pets are not allowed on the mountain.
Related and special items
- Celebration of Dance
- Mountain Rescue
- Virtual hikes: Up the White Dot Trail | Down the White Cross Trail
- Trail Maintenance--SCA (Student Conservation Association) & Trailwrights
- A German perspective in German.
- Trail Comparison Tables (opens a new window--must use Internet Explorer)
- New Hampshire will charge you to be rescued. Hike prepared! See www.hikesafe.com.
- The world's worst weather is found in New Hampshire: The Mt. Washington Observatory site.
Weather, Jaffrey, NH
Besides the detailed map below, you may also want to see the maps with directions page.