For over 43 years, Quinsigamond Community College in Worcester, MA has provided thousands of men and women opportunities for a first-rate education and personal growth, whether preparing them for immediate entry into the workforce, transfer to bachelor level programs in four-year colleges and universities, or for personal and cultural enrichment. Area and regional businesses and professionals such as Intel Corporation, Verizon, Kennedy Diecasting, Waters Corporation, UPS, Ken-Weld, and Saint Gobain have benefited as well through regular and customized workforce training and education programming designed in partnership. In addition, the College works directly with K-12 school systems in a variety of collaborations and partnerships.
QCC was established in 1963 to provide access to higher education to residents of Central Massachusetts. Since the early 60s, enrollment has grown from 300 to over 13,000 full and part-time day and evening students served. Over 70 associate degree and certificate career options in Business, Health Care, Technology, Liberal Arts, and Human Services. The College also offers a wide variety of non-credit courses, workshops, and seminars through its Division of Continuing Education at its downtown College at CitySquare campus. In addition, over 300 noncredit and nearly 35 credit courses are offered online. The College also has program locations at the Senior Center in Worcester (Hotel/Rest. Mgt.), Blackstone Valley Reg. Technical High School in Upton (Automotive Technology), and Southbridge High School, Southbridge (evening classes offerings).
The College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Membership in the Association indicates that an institution has been stringently evaluated and found to meet high standards agreed upon by qualified educators.
Quinsigamond Community College is located at 670 West Boylston St., Worcester, MA. For detailed information about any program, call 508-854-4262 or visit our Programs of Study Page.
QCC Quick Facts
- The College serves over 13,000 students annually through it Day and Continuing Education divisions.
- Tuition is still the lowest in the region at $132 per credit for Massachusetts residents and $338 per credit for non-residents.
- The College offers over 70 associate degree and certificate career options in the fields of Business, Technology, Liberal Arts, Health Care, and Human Services. Through its Center for Continuing Education, it offers over 400 traditional and online courses, workshops, seminars, and customized training programs.
- The College employs 771 full and part-time faculty, administration, and staff.
- QCC Alumni number 18,000.