Q. How do I have my transcript sent?
A. In order to have your transcript sent we need a written request with your signature indicating the following:
- Your name and social security number, your name when you attended if different.
- An estimate of the dates you attended Quinsigamond Community College.
- Five dollars ($5) for each request.
- The name and address of where you want the transcript sent.
The address to send this to is:
Q. How do I register?
A. New students and students whose academic advisor is an advisor in the Advising Center, after completing the Assessment requirement, meet with an academic advisor in the Advising Center, room 61 Lower Level in the Administration Building.
Students who have an assigned academic advisor must meet with their assigned advisor and complete the Registration Form, if it is during the Fall or Spring semester when classes are in session. If it is after the last day of classes in a Fall or Spring semester or during Summer Session or Winter Break students with an assigned advisor may meet with an advisor in the Advising Center.
MAIL-IN or FAX-IN REGISTRATION IS FOR UNDECLARED STUDENTS ONLY (students who have not been admitted to a major.) THE PROCESS IS: Complete the Registration Form and attach full payment (check, money order, MasterCard/Visa or Discover information). MAIL TO: Registrar’s Office, Quinsigamond Community College, 670 West Boylston Street, Worcester, MA 01606-2092 or FAX TO: 508-854-4456.
Q. How do I take a course at another college through the Consortium Cross Registration Program?
A. The Consortium Cross Registration is available to all FULL TIME DAY DIVISION students. Students can register for one day course per term at another college within the consortium. When you register for your courses ask for the information and form in the Registrar’s Office, room 152 in the Administration Building.
Q. What are Course Prerequisites?
A. A course prerequisite is a requirement the student must complete before beginning a course. Course prerequisites may be waived by assessment test results, or the instructor or an academic administrator. You will be withdrawn from a course if you have not met the required prerequisite. If you have successfully completed a prerequisite course at another college proof of such is required at time of registration.
Q. What is the Final Exam Period?
A. The final exam period is the final week of classes when day classes are assigned a two-hour block of time. Day classes are assigned a different meeting time during the final exam period. The Final Exam Period is published in the Course Schedule Booklet each term and it is posted in the Registrar’s Office. This period of time may be used for final exams, classroom instruction, or other types of evaluation as the instructor may choose.
Q. How do I withdraw from a course?
1. Obtain the Course Withdrawal Form from the Registrar’s Office, Room 152 in the Administration Building from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm; or the Advising Office, Room 61 Lower Level in the Administration Building from 4:30 pm to 7:00 pm; or after 7:00 pm in the Evening Administrator’s Office, Room 127 in the Surprenant Building.
2. Obtain the signature of the instructor or your advisor on the Course Withdrawal Form. If it is after the tenth week or equivalent of classes, the instructor's signature is required.
3. Return the completed Course Withdrawal Form to the Registrar’s Office from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, or to the Advising Office, Room 61 Lower Level in the Adm. Building from 4:30pm to 7:00pm (Monday - Thursday) or room 127 in the Surprenant Building after 7:00 pm.
NOTE: Refer to the College Calendar in the Course Schedule Booklet for the date of the last day to withdraw without penalty. Students who withdraw from a course prior to the last day to withdraw without penalty will receive a grade of “W” for that course. Students who withdraw from a course after that date will receive a grade of “W” or a grade of “F”.
Q. How do I withdraw from the College?
A. After the ADD DROP PERIOD students intending to withdraw from the college must obtain a Withdrawal Form in the Advising Center, room 61 Lower Level. The Advising Center hours are The Advising Center Hours: Monday thru Thursdays, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Fridays 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. The last day to withdraw without academic penalty is published in the Course Schedule booklet.